Blowing my own horn at ear-shattering volume
Consistency is good (I think) and over the years my career interests have stayed pretty much intact — design, photography and fine art. The variables that prioritize those disciplines are the usual suspects. Time, motivation and inspiration.
Abandon all Work! A mantra I still fully subscribe to but with the caveat that some projects (of course) need to adhear to a firm schedule. Some of that work of late includes relatively new interests on the commercial front. Like video, which remains the killer app IMHO. To see where I've been and where I'm going, follow these links to some current and past video and design work.
Recent Exhibits (photography/painting/mixed-media)
• The Barlow Sebastopol, CA | Mural Juried and commissioned finalist, 'MidSummer Art Festival'
• Marin Society of Artists, San Rafael, CA | Juried Finalist, 'The Images Show'
• Sebastopol Center for the Arts, Sebastopol, CA | Juried Finalist, 'The Blue Show'
• World Photoshop Conference 2017, Orlando, FL | Front Lobby Exhibition
• The Gallery at KelbyOne (Scott Kelby), Olimar, FL |
Gallery Grand Opening -'Solo Show'*
*competition winner from over 1000 international entries
• Sebastopol Center for the Arts, Sebastopol, CA | Juried Finalist, 'Boundaries'
• Brian Scott Gallery, Brookings OR | 'Featured Artist'
2015 - Current: Mark Wegner
• Photographer/Painter/Design consultant
1989 - 2015: WA Interactive
Web Design | Print | Interactive Services - Sonoma County, CA
• Owner, Art Director
• Produced 2.0, 3.0, 4.0* Netscape Browser/Demo Web sites (client: Halleck)
* first published Web use of Dynamic HTML (DHTML)
• Designed/produced 10 Brand sites for Kendall-Jackson Family Wines
• Designed/produced Christo & Jeanne Claude 25 Year Retrospective Museum Catalog
• Founding Partner Wine.net, 1994
I've been based in Sonoma County, CA for 30 years with my wife Carol along with our son Rob and daughter Kaci who live in the county as well.